Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Omega Protocol is a future video game in the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series.
The confirmation of another Splinter Cell title was first talked about in a 2013 interview Splinter Cell: Blacklist art director Scott Lee had with Arabic Gamers. Scott Lee said, "Obviously we're working very hard on current-gen systems and we're super excited that we're going to be across platforms. For next-gen there are a lot of plans in the works, obviously we can't talk about that at the moment but I definitely look forward to seeing Sam in new adventures, bigger and better as we go along. Sam will be back."
At E3 2017 Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot commented that "We are not forgetting Splinter Cell" when asked about the future of Splinter Cell in an interview.
It was later confirmed to be an Oculus VR exclusive.
- “Sam will be back”: Ubisoft teases next-gen Splinter Cell on VG247, Retrieved 6/17/15
- Ubisoft CEO: "We Are Not Forgetting Splinter Cell" on GameInformer, Retrieved 5/9/20
- Tweet 5/18/18
- Tweet by Creative Director Julian Gerighty's handle @jgerighty on Twitter, Retrieved 5/9/20
- Ubisoft says surprise Splinter Cell reveal on Twitter was just a joke on PC Gamer, Retrieved 5/12/20
- Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell coming to Oculus VR on Ubisoft