The SC-IS Sniper Rifle has an internal suppressor, powerful damage output, and extensive range, making it one of the most powerful weapons in the Fourth Echelon line of prototype weapons, as well as being one of the most powerful sniper rifles used by Fourth Echelon during the Blacklist Attacks in 2012. Developed by Charlie Cole, the SC-IS SR is built uniquely and ideally for long distance sniping with a minimized chance of being detected due to the suppressor. The SC-IS SR's strongest offensive features are also its best answer to counter enemy snipers.
- The SC-IS Sniper Rifle is the fourth "true" sniper rifle usable by Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell series. The first being the 20mm Sniper attachment in Chaos Theory, the M82A1 .50cal Sniper in version 1 of Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and the SR-25 in Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
- Sam also uses a Sniper Rifle in Splinter Cell: Echoes, of particular note.
- The SC-IS Sniper Rifle, from its appearance, is loosely based on Remington MSR.
- The SC-IS Sniper Rifle is the only bolt-action weapon in Blacklist, however, Sam and Isaac Briggs operate the bolt rapidly, making its rate of fire only slightly smaller than its semi-auto counterparts.
- The SC- IS SR's version is '2.76'.
- The SC-IS SR can kill enemies through helmets with Hollow Point Rounds.