Kong Feirong in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
|Died||November 12, 2004|
Chinese Embassy, Yangyon, Maynmar
|Cause of death||Suicide by poisoned alcohol.|
|Affiliations||People's Liberation Army|
|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series information|
|Appearances||Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell|
|Voice actor(s)||Russell Yuen|
- "This is Kong Feirong. Relay condition red to all troops. Repeat, condition red. Nikoladze has abandoned us. All men to full alert, I want that convoy ready to move."
- ― Kong Feirong to his troops following Kombayn Nikoladze's betrayal.
Kong Feirong was a high-ranking member of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) from around 2001 to 2003. In 2004, however, he allied himself with rogue Georgian President Kombayn Nikoladze and had a splinter faction of the PLA with him. When the planned executions of American soldiers in Mouke Tsoe Bo Meats failed, Nikoladze abandoned Feirong, causing his splinter faction to crumble.
Kong Feirong reached the rank of General in 2001, and eventually became the Chairman of the Chinese Military Commission. Some time afterwards, he become a rogue general in both his ambitions and vision - leading a splinter faction of the People's Liberation Army. He maintained high military ambitions, and was said to be eager to reclaim Taiwan, "with others to follow".
In 2004, Feirong allied himself with rogue Georgian President Kombayn Nikoladze. Feirong seized the Chinese Embassy to Myanmar (or Burma) in Yangon (Rangoon) and provided Nikoladze's terrorist forces with transport and munitions in exchange for weapons-grade nuclear materials. However, after the failure of the Abattoir executions at Mouke Tsoe Bo Meats, Nikoladze abandoned him. Panicked and filled with sorrow, Feirong ordered all of his remaining forces to move out of the embassy with the nuclear materials they still maintained, meanwhile proceeding to ransack the embassy in an attempt to destroy all evidence of their illegal activities. His men had began burning documents and destroying any trace of their activities by destroying the computers set up around the embassy. Unfortunately for the General, however, NSA Splinter Cell operative Sam Fisher had infiltrated the embassy after having learned of Feirong's treachery from the kidnapped Chinese diplomats who were also present at Mouke Tsoe Bo meats.
Before the trucks carrying the nuclear materials were able to leave the premises, Fisher had destroyed their gas tanks after refueling - destroying the nuclear materials. Since the materials were not assembled, the explosion did not trigger a nuclear effect. Feirong stayed in his office as he drank poisoned alcohol, unable to face his actions and planned to commit suicide. One of Feirong's soldiers radioed in to Goa, one of Feirong's colonels, and told him that Feirong planned on killing himself. Goa reached Feirong's office, only to be shot to death by his drunken General.
Fisher finally reached Feirong's office as he declared that he was going to then shoot himself. After realizing that Fisher was American, he wants the pleasure of being killed by him. As he stood up with his bottle of poisoned alcohol and sidearm, Fisher quickly got behind the General and grabbed him. Fisher brought Feirong to the computer and interrogated him, forcing him to reveal the files of his involvement to clear China. The files on Feirong's computer also revealed the important weapon called 'The Ark' that Nikoladze still had access to. After the files were received, Feirong succumbed to the poison and died just as he finished typing on the computer's keyboard.
In the hours that followed, Chinese Special Forces seized control of the embassy after Fisher was able to extract from the building through its exterior where the V-22 Osprey picked him up. In the Presidential Palace in Georgia, it was revealed that Feirong had written a small hate mail to Nikoladze before committing suicide in the Chinese Embassy to Myanmar. Feirong's illegal activities went public and with the revelation of his betrayal towards China, the United States and China restored full diplomatic relations with each other.
Tom Clancy's Splinter CellEdit
- When Feirong is encountered in the second Chinese Embassy mission (Part 2), he will attack the player in a drunken rage. The opportune time to grab him is either after he sits up out of his chair or when he takes a drink from his alcohol (after firing a few rounds from his sidearm).
- Curious enough, Feirong can see in the dark even if the player has shot out the lights in the room. Even with the stealth meter showing that the player is hidden, he will still know where they are regardless of where they hide.
- It is possible to bring Feirong's corpse out of the Chinese Embassy as it's being destroyed. The player must carry his body to the final level, stand up and utilize the 'drop body' feature by pulling out their weapon or pressing the jump button.
- Kong Feirong appears in only two missions, with both missions being the Chinese Embassy. He is seen only once outside of the embassy, when he takes his personal car off of the premises.
- Feirong is one of only four characters that can be interrogated in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, not counting bonus, DLC or exclusive levels.
- Feirong is one of three people that the player must use the Laser Mic on in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, with the other two being Vyacheslav Grinko and Phillip Masse. Like the other section, missing the opportunity to record his phone conversation with Kombayn Nikoladze will result in Mission Failure.
- Feirong is the only main antagonist that is not killed by Sam Fisher in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.