Were you looking for the Cruise Ship, the setting this level takes place?
- "What we're doing, Sam, is very simple. This is a dry run for the real operation, the big one that's going to get our point across to the government. Before we do that, though, we need to know that our tech works, and that's where you come in."
- ― Enrica Villablanca
Cozumel is the seventh solo campaign in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Version 1). Undercover NSA agent Sam Fisher, following orders from John Brown's Army leader Emile Dufraisne, must place the Red Mercury bomb onto a cruise ship and detonate the bomb in order to test its effectiveness.
- JBA: Plant the JBA's bomb - In order to preserve your cover, you must plant the JBA's bomb on the ship as they instruct you. If you leave the ship before this mission is carried out, you will compromise your cover within the JBA and lose their trust. Any deviation puts your cover, and thus the entire operation, at risk.
- JBA: Dive to extraction - Now that the bomb is in place, you can leave the cruise ship before you attract unwanted attention. Reach the security hatch, and dive into the sea to leave the ship.
- NSA: Get detonation frequency - You will be able to defuse the bomb remotely by capturing the detonation frequency and triggering a blocker signal on it. To do that, you'll need to use your watch to record that frequency after you've put the bomb in place. Don't take too long, or Enrica may get suspicious.
- NSA: Place smoke bomb - In order to evacuate the ship, we're going to need to convince the Mexican coast guard that there's a real threat. That means using a fake one to get the point across. Plant smoke bombs in the ship's vents. When they go off, the tourists will be evacuated, and the potential loss of life will be reduced.
- NSA: Don't kill civilians - The cruise ship is crawling with Mexican Coast Guards, crew members, as well as the occasional tourist. Killing civilians would attract too much attention from the Mexican authorities, and should be avoided at all costs.
- JBA: Reach pool deck without alerts - In order to carry out your objectives, you need to reach the pool deck. Follow Enrica's directions to get there, and try to avoid causing an alarm. The ship is being patrolled by the local Coast Guard, so they'll be on you in a hurry if you do (unlocks EMP Grenade - Attachment).
- JBA: Place bombs without alerts - The bomb needs to be placed toward the front of the ship. You'll have to travel trough the air ducts to get to the foredeck. Do so without triggering an alert (unlocks Gas Grenade - Attachment).
- The bomb should be placed somewhere where it is well hidden.
- Smoke bombs can be placed out of sight in the vents found around the ship.
- Enrica is hooked into the security system, and is monitoring camera feeds from the ship. You should jam the cameras whenever you need to act in front of them without Enrica knowing what you are up to.
- The access code to the navigation room is 2112.
Main article: Data/Cozumel
Fisher starts the mission in his room on the cruise ship and his cell phone begins to ring. He picks up the phone and expects Enrica Villablanca, but gets Lambert. Lambert notifies Fisher that the Mexican authorities were notified of a terrorist threat on the cruise ship and have raised security, placing guards on the ship to search it for any suspicious activity. Lambert tells Fisher that he'll need to retrieve the Red Mercury bomb's frequency in order to disrupt it in the future. After the briefing, Fisher hangs up the phone, heads outside his cabin, climbs over the railing, and climbs his way to the casino. As he sneaks through the casino, he makes it to the security room and places a smoke grenade into the ventilation, causing the authorities to believe that a fire may have been triggered, meaning they will clear the ship.
Fisher then heads up, reaching the bar, and then reaches the elevator, which takes him down to the pool deck. After navigating through the pool deck, Fisher reaches the sauna rooms and climbs into the ventilation ducts. Because of the heightened security, Enrica informs Fisher that the bomb will have to be placed on the bow of the ship instead of the navigation room. With the security alert so high, the navigation room would be locked down by the patrols. Fisher reroutes his path to head down a zip-line towards the bow of the ship. Upon reaching the engine room, Fisher is able to connect the bomb and attach it inside the room. Before leaving, Fisher hacks the bomb and acquires the detonation frequency. With all his objectives complete, Fisher opens the side ramp and jumps into the ocean and extracts back to the JBA Headquarters.
- The 2007 Chrysler 300C, which the same type driven by Lambert in the last mission, makes an appearance in the casino room as the show car on the rotating stand in the center of the room. The Chrysler 300C was the promotion car for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent during it's release, making appearances through the game.
- The casino games can be used as a distraction if the player needs to get by the patrols that guard the area. The player can cause the slot machines to 'buzz' by using the OCP on the Five-seveN.
- The cruise ship is a level seen in both versions of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent. The player has the option of letting the bomb explode or disabling it.
- A "Nivea for Men" advertisement can be seen one the television screen when the player begins the mission inside of Fisher's room.
- The TV inside the first cabin cannot be shot or disabled with the OCP despite it showing up on EMF. (PS3)
- Inside the first cabin, by the TV on the desk are two Sticky Shockers. (PS3,PC)
- Sam and Enrica are staying in room 212, under the names Mr and Mrs Carpenter. The Mexican police report them missing from their room.
- The two aquariums in the bar can be shot, causing the screen to shake.