- This article is for Cole Yeager, a helicopter pilot and hostage in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Version 1). For the JBA member in Version 2, see Cole Yeagher.
Yeager moments before being killed.
|Died||February 2, 2008|
JBA Headquarters, New York Harbor, New York
|Cause of death||Shot by Sam Fisher/Jamie Washington|
|Occupation||News helicopter pilot|
|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series information|
|Appearances||Splinter Cell: Double Agent|
Cole Yeager was a news helicopter pilot that had been captured by John Brown's Army during Sam Fisher and Jamie Washington's escape from the Ellsworth Federal Penitentiary in 2008. He was later killed at the JBA Headquarters when Emile Dufraisne tested Fisher's test of loyalty into the group.
2008: Red Mercury Plot Edit
Cole Yeager was a helicopter pilot who was flying near the Ellsworth Federal Penitentiary, despite being warned by police personnel that he was flying in restricted airspace. He and his helicopter were hijacked by Sam Fisher and Jamie Washington during their escape and they were then flown back to the JBA Headquarters. Yeager was placed in the JBA's makeshift interrogation room until Emile was ready to test Fisher's loyalty to the JBA.
To prove himself, Sam Fisher was handed a gun by Emile Dufraisne and ordered to shoot and hill Yeager as a test of loyalty. Although Sam has the choice choose to spare Yeager and purposely miss by shooting at the wall behind him, Jamie shoots and kills him anyway.
- Yeager appears in Version 2 of Splinter Cell: Double Agent as a completely different character. The two only share similar names which are differentiated by a slight change in spelling, the characters look completely different, however.
- Yeager is bruised and bloodied before Sam has the option to shoot or spare him suggesting that the JBA interrogated him (or beat him up for fun) before Emile tested Fisher's loyalty.
- No matter where the player shoots Yeager, he will die instantly from the shot. The only way to avoid killing Yeager is by purposely missing by shooting at the wall behind him.
- Killing Yeager or not is the first conflicted objective in Version 1, either way the player will suffer trust loss; although the loss of trust from either side does not matter much as it can be regained later.