2006: Indonesian Crisis
In 2006, Azrul worked as an undercover CIA agent as Sadono's personal pilot. Azrul was located in an underground facility waiting to meet Sam Fisher, a Splinter Cell from Third Echelon. After a quick verification, Azrul told Fisher about the name 'Stanley Nakariakov' and gave Fisher the name of a district in China 'he' is located, the Lei Yu Mun district in Hong Kong. He repeated the name to Fisher before finishing the conversation. Before leaving, Fisher told Azrul to not fly Sadono's plane, as the plane was sabotaged by Fisher.
- Azrul wears aviator shades and a leather jacket.
- Azrul mentions the Japanese Information Self-Defence Force (ISDF), the major faction in the next Splinter Cell installment Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The ISDF is also mentioned during the FNW broadcast in Pandora Tomorrow.
- In his photo in the OPSAT in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, he is shown without his aviator shades.
- The phrase "eternal dirt" and "ignominious getaway" may be terms used in quotes by English novelist Eric Arthur Blair, known by his pen name "George Orwell".
- Azrul made a short appearance in Splinter Cell: Essentials, in the same remade mission.