- François Coldeboeuf is born.
- First CIA contact with Norman Soth, he is approached by Agency Operative Kopple as a potential asset for Operation RED BEARD.
- Douglas Shetland graduates Alabama State University with an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Douglas Shetland enters West Point.
- Stanley Dayton is born in Bend, Oregon.
- Douglas Shetland leaves West Point.
- Douglas Shetland begins his career as a U.S. Marine.
- This is approximately the year that Sam Fisher first meets Irving Lambert, having first worked within the Army's Delta Force.
- Norman Soth applies for Indonesian citizenship.
- Norman Soth enters CIA payroll.
- Sam Fisher meets Regan Burns while in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic and impregnates her. They later marry after learning about the pregnancy.
- Dahlia Tal is in the Israeli Nahal (Pioneer Fighting Youth).
- Dermot P. Brunton receives a Masters degree in Computational Linguistics from Harvard.
- Dahlia Tal is in the Israeli Defence Force from now until March 8, 1996.
- Suhadi Sadono joins the Cireban street gang that would eventually become the Darah Dan Doa.
- The first recorded terrorist action linked to Suhadi Sadono, a CIA-funded car bombing aimed at Timorese dissidents.
- Conjecture that Vyacheslav Grinko assassinated Bkhtiyer Farokh in Afghanistan.
- Sam Fisher and Regan Burns divorce (having only been married for a little over three years).
- Regan retains primary custody of Sarah Fisher, changing her name to "Sarah Burns".
- Dermot P. Brunton publishes thesis, "Applied Cryptography and the Future of Privacy" in quarterly American mathematician.
- Sam Fisher is part of a CIA raiding team that raids the MCAS Banco de Panama in Panama City, Panama during the conflict to search for some of Noriega's drug money.
- Sam Fisher spends most of the rest of the year "sleeping in a ditch on the road between Baghdad and Kuwait".
- Anna Grímsdóttir is in the tenth grade.
- ↑ Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Checkmate, page 32
- ↑ Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell novel, page 39
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
- Grímsdóttir: "Fisher, I just synched your OPSAT with intelligence on the bank that you and your team gathered back in '89."
- Fisher: "Ah the memories…"
- Grímsdóttir: "Yeah… judging from your report… sounds like it was quite a vacation…"
- Fisher: "It was actually, I spent most of the rest of that year sleeping in a ditch on the road between Baghdad and Kuwait."
- Grímsdóttir: "Oh. Well… if it's any consolation I had a bad year that year too."
- Fisher: "What? You weren't working for the government during the Gulf War?"
- Grímsdóttir: "No… I was in Tenth Grade."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.